Saturday 15 June 2013

Poem #3: "I'm Your Reflection"

I'm Your Reflection

Look for me in the mirror
For I'll always be there.
Search for me in the mirror,
You'll always know where I am.
Find me in my special place
For when you need to defend,
I'll provide protection from those most unwanted.
Look for me in the mirror.
You know I'm by your side.
Search for me in the mirror
For I'll always be there for you.
I'm a reflection of your deepest desires
And I show you what you need,
As an alternate personality, I'm always around.
Find me when you need me the most,
I will give you my safe harbour
Where you may not see all of your personalities,
Though they're never absent.
The friendly ones may scar you,
But you'll befriend the ones that clash.
You'll search endlessly for a reason and place in this foreign world,
And when you have finally lost,
Find me in my special place.
And if need be, I'll reflect your darkest side.

(c) TheLegendaryDreamer
Written May 2012

1 comment:

Please provide feedback, it helps me to become more recognized and write better poetry.