Saturday 12 October 2013

Poem #14: "The Caged Wolf"

"The Caged Wolf"

I've seen how your darkened past had aged your soul like a caged
wolf, longing for freedom before the harvest moon which would soon
fade away.
I've seen how you'd always run with the wind,
smiling, as if your destination
was always just around the corner.
I've seen how sometimes time seemed to
cut all of your years short--
they would fall away one by one
like how old teeth would sometimes disappear.

I've seen you cry your eyes out
as if you'd play a note but hear no sound,
then lose your ground as lakes of sorrow come quickly
streaming outward to nurture the softened soil below.

Your cold and frail hands,
they play my heart strings,
dancing in all-consuming sonatas of
light, love and inner rage.
My heart would sing to your joys, coy
and sad that you'd soon find yourself
back in your mental cage once again.


(c) TheLegendaryDreamer
Written September 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide feedback, it helps me to become more recognized and write better poetry.