Saturday 26 April 2014

Poem #30: "Far Night"

"Far Night"

i hear the voice of the night sky
subtly calling my name
it beckons, it echoes, it echoes
a silent calling to my wounded spirit.

i look to the night sky
its voice echoes in my mind
it's screaming of sadness, echoing fear
though somehow it keeps me sane

its motherly rhythms
though hostile and sweet
cradle me, reassuring,
a cold embrace of fear

each star calls within me
a memory,
each comet
a troublesome trigger,
each galaxy
a deep-rooted longing
each breeze, a cold love
i belong

each wind echoes sadness
each tree translates to sounds,
"i am an archetype of mental projections
transient, ambient, but eternal

i have a subtle calling
that one day, will reach"
as it speaks without words
to my wounded spirit.

"i'm your companion
all throughout time
i resonate through you always
without words, without rhyme."

the distant night surrounds me,
an all-encroaching grasp,
the moist winds an echo of my tears
falling down to the ground

i surrender to this voice
of a cold and lonely love,
into my inner darkness
staring back at me.

through my mind's echoes
i belong.
through my heart's calling,
i am loved.

i hear the voice of my night sky
subtly calling my name
it beckons, it echoes, it echoes
a silent calling to my wounded spirit.

(c) TheLegendaryDreamer
Written April 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide feedback, it helps me to become more recognized and write better poetry.